The following is a list of symptoms I have experienced while suffering from hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, low progesterone, endometriosis and PCOS. Others thyroid patients have experienced these as well (see bottom of page).
The symptoms highlighted in yellow are better but still present.
The symptoms highlighted in green are totally gone, at this point.
The symptoms highlighted in purple are symptoms I recently added, but have had for a while.
The symptoms highlighted in blue are worse.
• Teeth grinding
• Low appetite
• hair loss Worse
• Itchy legs, hands and feet - not always at the same time
• "Hot" feet
• Dry skin
• Difficulty swallowing
• "Growing" pains
• Addicted to sugar and white carbs
• Easily winded, can’t catch breath, air-hunger Better, minimal.
• Racing heart Better, minimal.
• Sore feet and calves, as after Charlie horse Better, minimal.
• Sudden, extreme hunger (this is associated with PMS for me)
• light headedness
• extreme fatigue Better, minimal.
• less stamina than others
• less energy than others
• long recovery period after any activity
• Difficulty waking up
• needing caffeine to wake up in the morning
• Sinking feeling + feeling at my worst in afternoon (about
12 or 1 1 or 2) Better, minimal.
• needing caffeine and/or sugar to get through the afternoon Better, minimal. Snack high in protein/fat does it for me.
• Feeling better after
8 PM 6 PM
• suddenly feel extremely hungry, especially at night (this is associated with PMS for me)
• muscle weakness Better, minimal.
• flu-like symptoms: sensitive skin, all-over body ache Better, minimal.
• inability to hold children for very long Better, minimal.
• inability to stand on feet for long periods
• Low back pain (this is associated with PMS for me)
• Anxiety Better, minimal.
• Nervousness Better, minimal.
• Easily stressed, not coping well with stress
• Defensive Better, minimal.
• Irritable, angry outbursts
• chronic Low Grade Depression, developing into severe depression
• suicidal thoughts Better, minimal.
• Exacerbated reactions to daily stress
• Taking days to recover from even minor stress
• debilitating reaction to exercise or physical exertion
• Foggy-thinking, poor focus Oddly, this is bothering me more; now that I have more energy, I want to do more and it's difficult when my thinking is foggy.
• Sensitive to bright lights This is bothering me more, too, now that I am doing more, out more.
• Dry eye
• Thinning outer eyebrows
• Thinning, crooked eye lashes
• Hair Loss Worse
• broken/peeling fingernails
• dry skin
• worsening allergies
• internal itching of ears
• appetite swinging from no appetite to not being able to eat enough, associated with PMS
• inability to lose weight I'm still down 8 lbs!
• always gaining weight
• failure to ovulate I seem to be ovulating again.
• moody periods and ovulation
• PMS (actually, PMDD)
• Diarrhea associated with menstruation
• low progesterone
• miscarriage Sadly, this one will never be off my list.
• excruciating pain during period from endometriosis
• carpal tunnel symptoms
• loose stools/diarrhea associated in particular with with endometriosis Worse
Some of the time:
• frequent urination
• Irritable Bowel Symptom, including colitis
• scalp ache Better, minimal.
• hyper feeling, especially in the evening
• clumsy (drop things, bump into things)
• confusion Better, minimal.
• feeling dull Better, minimal.
• dizziness Better, minimal.