March 15, 2012

Endometriosis

Since my body resumed menstruation after my miscarriage last September, I've been having increasing pelvic pain.  Last week I had a pelvic ultrasound to rule out ovarian cysts.  So it would seem that my endometriosis is back with a vengeance.

In December 2004, I had surgery by Dr. Thomas Hilgers of Pope Paul VI Institute in Omaha, NE. (See About Me.)  For a while, things were good.  I got married 28 month later, had a baby right away, etc.  But within 9 months after our oldest daughter was born, the long cycles with heavy periods were back worse than ever.

Fast forward to now, I'm having excruciating abdominal pain, diarrhea and more.  The pain has been so bad that I've been taking prescription pain killers.  Yikes.  

There is a NaproTechnology trained surgeon a few hours from me and she takes our insurance!  I'm in the process of setting up an assessment with her so that I can have my endometriosis lasered again.  I'm petrified and excited at the same time.  

On a side note, I've had headaches daily for the past three days.  Fun times.