March 6, 2012

Symptoms (Updated)

I'm a little giddy as I compiled a new, updated list of current symptoms.  (You can read my old symptoms here.)

The following is a list of symptoms I have experienced while suffering from hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, and low progesterone.  Others thyroid patients have experienced these as well (see bottom of page).  


The symptoms highlighted in yellow are better but still present.
The symptoms highlighted in green are totally gone, at this point.

•         Easily winded, can’t catch breath, air-hunger
•         Racing heart
•         Shaky
•         Sore feet and calves, as after Charlie horse
•         Sudden, extreme hunger (this is associated with PMS for me)
•         Insomnia
•         light headedness
•         extreme fatigue 
•         less stamina than others
•         less energy than others
•         long recovery period after any activity
•         Difficulty waking up
•         needing caffeine to wake up in the morning  I almost forgot to make myself some coffee this morning!
•         Sinking feeling + feeling at my worst in afternoon (about 12 or 1)
•         needing caffeine and/or sugar to get through the afternoon
•         Feeling better after 8 PM
•         suddenly feel extremely hungry, especially at night (this is associated with PMS for me)
•         muscle weakness
•         flu-like symptoms: sensitive skin, all-over body ache
•         inability to hold children for very long  I held my two year old lots today!  :o)
•         inability to stand on feet for long periods
•         Low back pain (this is associated with PMS for me)
•         Anxiety
•         Nervousness
•         Depression
•         Easily stressed, not coping well with stress
•         Defensive
•         Irritable, angry outbursts  This is worse in the evenings than during the day, but better all-around.
•         chronic Low Grade Depression, developing into severe depression
•         suicidal thoughts
•         Exacerbated reactions to daily stress
•         Taking days to recover from even minor stress
•         debilitating reaction to exercise or physical exertion
•         Foggy-thinking, poor focus  Oddly, this is bothering me more; now that I have more energy, I want to do more and it's difficult when my thinking is foggy.  
•         Sweating
•         Sensitive to bright lights  This is bothering me more, too, now that I am doing more, out more.
•         Dry eye
•         Thinning outer eyebrows
•         Thinning, crooked eye lashes
•         Hair Loss
•         broken/peeling fingernails
•         worsening allergies
•         internal itching of ears
•         appetite swinging from no appetite to not being able to eat enough  This seems to be more steady now, but that also has to do with where I am in my reproductive cycle.
•         inability to lose weight   Who's lost eight pounds and has two thumbs?  Me!
•         always gaining weight
•         failure to ovulate  I ovulated a couple of weeks ago!
•         moody periods and ovulation  Ovulation wasn't moody; I'll let you know about my period shortly.  :o)
•         PMS (actually, PMDD)
•         low progesterone
•         miscarriage  Sadly, this one will never be off my list.  Our baby would have been 34 weeks and 4 days old gestationally today.  Coincidentally, this was the gestational day our eldest daughter was born. 
•         excruciating pain during period
•         carpal tunnel symptoms
•         dry skin 
•    loose stools/diarrhea
Some of the time:
•         frequent urination
•         Irritable Bowel Symptom, including colitis
•         nausea
•         headache
•         scalp ache
•         hyper feeling, especially in the evening
•         jittery
•         clumsy (drop things, bump into things)
•         confusion
•         feeling dull
•         dizziness

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/symptoms-low-cortisol/
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/