March 6, 2012

Symptoms (Updated)

I'm a little giddy as I compiled a new, updated list of current symptoms.  (You can read my old symptoms here.)

The following is a list of symptoms I have experienced while suffering from hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, and low progesterone.  Others thyroid patients have experienced these as well (see bottom of page).  


The symptoms highlighted in yellow are better but still present.
The symptoms highlighted in green are totally gone, at this point.

         Easily winded, can’t catch breath, air-hunger
         Racing heart
         Shaky
         Sore feet and calves, as after Charlie horse
         Sudden, extreme hunger (this is associated with PMS for me)
         Insomnia
         light headedness
         extreme fatigue 
         less stamina than others
         less energy than others
         long recovery period after any activity
         Difficulty waking up
         needing caffeine to wake up in the morning  I almost forgot to make myself some coffee this morning!
         Sinking feeling + feeling at my worst in afternoon (about 12 or 1)
         needing caffeine and/or sugar to get through the afternoon
         Feeling better after 8 PM
         suddenly feel extremely hungry, especially at night (this is associated with PMS for me)
         muscle weakness
         flu-like symptoms: sensitive skin, all-over body ache
         inability to hold children for very long  I held my two year old lots today!  :o)
         inability to stand on feet for long periods
         Low back pain (this is associated with PMS for me)
         Anxiety
         Nervousness
         Depression
         Easily stressed, not coping well with stress
         Defensive
         Irritable, angry outbursts  This is worse in the evenings than during the day, but better all-around.
         chronic Low Grade Depression, developing into severe depression
         suicidal thoughts
         Exacerbated reactions to daily stress
         Taking days to recover from even minor stress
         debilitating reaction to exercise or physical exertion
         Foggy-thinking, poor focus  Oddly, this is bothering me more; now that I have more energy, I want to do more and it's difficult when my thinking is foggy.  
         Sweating
         Sensitive to bright lights  This is bothering me more, too, now that I am doing more, out more.
         Dry eye
         Thinning outer eyebrows
         Thinning, crooked eye lashes
         Hair Loss
         broken/peeling fingernails
         worsening allergies
         internal itching of ears
         appetite swinging from no appetite to not being able to eat enough  This seems to be more steady now, but that also has to do with where I am in my reproductive cycle.
         inability to lose weight   Who's lost eight pounds and has two thumbs?  Me!
         always gaining weight
         failure to ovulate  I ovulated a couple of weeks ago!
         moody periods and ovulation  Ovulation wasn't moody; I'll let you know about my period shortly.  :o)
         PMS (actually, PMDD)
         low progesterone
         miscarriage  Sadly, this one will never be off my list.  Our baby would have been 34 weeks and 4 days old gestationally today.  Coincidentally, this was the gestational day our eldest daughter was born. 
         excruciating pain during period
         carpal tunnel symptoms
         dry skin 
•    loose stools/diarrhea
Some of the time:
         frequent urination
         Irritable Bowel Symptom, including colitis
         nausea
         headache
         scalp ache
         hyper feeling, especially in the evening
         jittery
         clumsy (drop things, bump into things)
         confusion
         feeling dull
         dizziness

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/symptoms-low-cortisol/
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/