March 12, 2012

Change of Plans

After talking with some thyroid patients on my online group and, of course, my husband and I agreed that the best course of action is for me to just take the saliva test tomorrow. 

It's ridiculous for me to feel this horrible and to get continually worse over the course of seven more days, just for a test.  We already knew weeks ago that I have adrenal fatigue and it's only become much more apparent now that I'm off all support. 

At this point, I will just take the test and know that the results might be skewed by having been on some of the doc's adrenal support blend, as well as some Isocort (mostly 2 pellets, but I was on 4 pellets for two days - not much in the big scheme of things).  

Update on symptoms: something I keep forgetting to add to my list of symptoms that I've been dealing with for the past couple of months is some acne, being sensitive to noise, and inflammation.  The acne and noise sensitivity is recent.  (After a few weeks of constantly yelling at the kids for being loud, I realized, "Oops, it's not them. It's me!")  The inflammation has been going on for a long, long time.  Recently, it's been worse with nasal inflammation.  Drives me nuts.

I read that inflammation is common among adrenal fatigue sufferers due to decrease in cortisol and glucocorticoids, which are anti-inflammatory hormones.   

In the past few days, I've been withdrawing, depressed, irritable, feeling alone, hopeless, etc.

On a good note, my hair is thicker.  Woot!