March 23, 2012

Preparing for doctor's appointment

Appointment with the doc 
Monday, March 26, 2012

1.  What I'm taking:
  • Natural Dessicated Thyroid - 3 1/2 grains total:
    • 8 AM - 2 grains
    • 12 PM - 1 grain
    • 4 PM - 1/2 grain.
  • 8 AM - 2 Adrenal Support capsules
3/12 – started multi-dosing NDT 2x daily
3/16 – started chewing NDT - BIG difference right away
3/19 – started multi-dosing NDT 3x daily - DEFINITELY helped

2.  Does his NDT have cellulose?

Concerns about absorption.  Canada's Thyroid by Erfa. 

3.  Temperatures

Previous showed a variation of 1.01 degrees:
97.5
98.2
98.25
98.51
98.17

Most recent results (Friday 3/23 was 5th day) showed variance of 0.5 degrees:
98.66
98.20
98.16
98.31
98.42

4.  Cortisol results: Need to raise morning and noon.  Need to lower evening and nighttime.

AM 18.2 (ideal = 33.7) LOW
Noon 6.9 (ideal = 14-17.8) LOW
PM 5.4 (ideal = 6) LOW - not bad but could go up a bit
Night 2.3 (ideal = 0.3) HIGH

DHEA noon to PM average is 4.1 - (range being .8-7.5 ng/7.5) GOOD

5.  Adrenal Treatment: I want to take T3

I want to take 5-10 mcg T3, and I will take it 1 1/2-2 hours before getting out of bed, backing it up by a 1/2 hour each week.

I would also monitor each change in dosage with blood pressure readings, pulse, and temperatures. 

This is Dr. Paul Robinson's T3 Circadian Method (T3CM).  Later I might take an adaptogen to help lower the PM and Nighttime levels.

6.  SYMPTOMS:

Gone:
•         morning and daytime fatigue & flu-like achiness
•         hair loss
•         itchy legs and feet
•         easily winded
•         racing heart
•         shaky
•         insomnia
•         difficulty waking up
•         needing caffeine to wake up
•         failure to ovulate
•         scalp ache
•         confusion
•         hyper feeling, jittery
•         fatigue isn’t “extreme” anymore
•         Dry eye

Worse:

•         late afternoon—HIGH cortisol
o       sinking feeling
o       achy
o       fatigued
o       heavy eye lids
•         acne
•         sensitivity to sunlight
•         low appetite
•         anxiety
•         depression
•         fixation
•       
•         angry outbursts - irritability and anger are VERY BAD.  Help!
•         Suicidal ideation


(I've been talking with other patients who have tried the Circadian protocol - and also Dr. Robinson, although I don't tell the doc that - on the STMM Facebook group.  I think this will help my high morning cortisol levels.)