June 13, 2012

There's Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm happy.  Even though I'm hitting a few road blocks along the way, I am getting better.  Read on!

I've been on NDT since January 18 and I started CT3M (with my NDT) Mar 28.  I've hit a few roadblocks:

1. I just found out my iron is low

    I was surprised.  I should have checked this much earlier in the process, but I didn't and I wasted time
    that I could have spent feeling better.  It was a dumb, basic mistake. 

    Do not be like me and think you are immune and can skip over "steps." 

2.  I need to swap T3 for my NDT for my Circadian dose, then use NDT for my daytime doses.

     I'm waaaaiting for the T3 to come in the mail.  When it does, I'll start with 12.5 mcg 90 minutes before I
     rise.  I'll basically be starting CT3M all over again.  Then I'll add 1/2 grain NDT somewhere around 1
     PM. 






Stress is bad.  My appointment on Friday really stressed me out beforehand and afterwards.  I really felt down over the weekend.

I think the stress finally got to me because yesterday, Tuesday, something strange happened.  All of the sudden, my heart started pounding super fast in my throat.  I felt like a butterfly had gotten trapped in my throat!  It only lasted a few seconds, then my heart rate slowed way down. 

The anxiety I felt afterwards was intense.  I haven't felt like that in months.  For the rest of the day, I was just a wreck.

This morning, I woke up feeling really good.  But I wasn't sure if I was supposed to fast for my blood draw or not, so I didn't eat.  When I got home, I was feeling that anxiety again, even after I ate. 


Interestingly this afternoon at about 12:30, it was like someone flipped a switch inside of me and I felt fine.  Mood was good, energy was good.  I started doing housework happily (before I literally had been staring at my dish-filled sink with disdain) and I even played a rousing few games of hide n' seek with my girls, which of course thrilled my girls to see me crammed into the back of the closet.  My energy and mood are still good!  

Even though Fri was rough and I clearly suffered from it cortisol-wise, I'm still bouncing back sooo much more quickly than I did a few months ago.   

This is a long, hard road.  It's so exciting to finally figure things out that it's easy to forget that there will be bumps along the road.  

Yesterday I took the "iron revelation" as bad news.  I was mad at myself and my thyroid doc, and I got depressed.

But today I realize that it's just part of the process.  You make mistakes along the way and you learn from them.  But you figure things out by peeling away layers upon layers, like an onion.

There's light at the end of the tunnel!