June 14, 2012

Catching the Baby "Bug"

A friend of mine had her baby today.  She already has two little girls, as do I.  Ohh, seeing those precious photos, I could just smell that lovely new baby smell.

I'm petrified of getting pregnant and having to deal with all of the medical things that go along with pregnancy for me - my diabetes, thyroid, cortisol.  I'd be forking out money to have one-on-one consultations with Janie on a daily basis! 

And who would work with me???  I can just sense that my current thyroid MD would not be keen on working with a pregnant version of me. 

My sister's best friend is trained as a certified nurse midwife, but she is currently working with a women's clinic that does all kinds of alternative methods including . . . NDT, T3, cortisol, etc.  My mom has an initial consultation set up with her next week, and I'm really eager to hear how it goes.  Maybe that would be the answer to so many roadblocks??

In all seriousness, I'm not ready to have another baby.  My husband and I would be thrilled and joyful and would welcome a new life into our family.  But we're not seeking out a baby at this time. But when I get these things under control, we sure will be!

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/pregnancy-and-thyroid-disease/