May 11, 2012

Discouragement

I'm feeling pretty discouraged today.  The GP I've been hearing great things about - she will sit with you for over an hour, treats you holistically, raised her kids on grass-fed beef, will consider unconventional treatments and labs if you can talk with her about it and have information to back it up - isn't taking new patients.  It's no wonder, but, darn it, I really wanted to see her ASAP.  They did say to call back in 4-6 weeks to see if they have any openings, so I've got it down on my calendar to call in 4 weeks.

I found a way to get the 24 cortisol saliva test, so that is on its way.  The thyroid panel is bought and paid for.  I'm trying to decide what to do about that.  The problem is that I went up to 2 grains (from 1.5) on 5/2.  I took 1/2 grain yesterday but that didn't go well (my temp spiked and I felt awful).  I'm thinking about not doing the extra 1/2 grain and getting the labs drawn on Monday. 

I love the support group I'm on, but sometimes I feel like I'm going in circles on it.  People don't read posts or comments thoroughly, or they comment and then don't follow up.  It's frustrating!  And yet I know that those who are in a position of having information are in high demand.  What I'm trying to say is that this issue coupled with the lack of support from my doc is really getting me down.