March 22, 2012

Thinning hair

One of the thyroid symptoms that's most effected me over the years has been my thin and fine hair. I don't have much anyway, but the hypo issues have really effected my hair!

A few weeks ago I started using Aveda's Invati hair system, and it's working well. The shampoo has very, very fine exfoliaters in it, so it helps unclog your pores and remove build-up, so your hair can regrow. The conditioner helps strengthen and thicken your hair to prevent breakage. And the serum ("scalp revitalizer") helps rehabilitate your scalp.

There are Aveda salons as well as Stores to buy products, but you can buy them online, too.

My stylist said some clients report that 8 weeks of use shows a difference. I've been using it for less than a week, and I've already noticed a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if my pores were clogged from using crummy products for so long!
Update 3/25/12: I've been using these products for over a week now.  I can tell a HUGE difference!