October 2, 2012

My Vitamins and Supplements

My current vitamins and supplements include:

Vitamin D3
85 mcg elemental iron from Hema-Plex Iron I take 2 per day because any more and I'm wary of dosing that amount of copper that is contained in the Hema-Plex; if I were taking zinc, I might be okay with more.
Solgar Gentle Iron (Bis-Glycinate)  I take 2 per day
B-Complex
Folate
Magnesium (or this Vitacost version which is much cheaper)
Vitamin C (3,000-4,000 mg per day)
Selenium I take 400 mcg per day for my high Hashi's antibodies
Renew Life Pro-Biotic
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 I take 2-3 grams per day
Alpha Lipoic Acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl
CoQ10

5-HTP, occasionally, I will take 200 mg per day
Chasteberry, a.k.a. Vitex

Liberally in/on food: Unrefined Celtic Sea Salt
Before bed: Chamomile Tea with Lavendar, Nighty Night tea
In cooking, on skin, and in tooth "paste": Coconut Oil
Sometimes I drink 2 tablespoons
Braggs in water with liquid Stevia; this helps absorption and, so I'm told, a myriad of other health issues including acid reflux


Note Well: Iron supplements need to be taken 4 hours before but 1 hour after thyroid medications to prevent binding of the T3 to the iron.  If you take your thyroid medication sublingually, it do not have to worry about binding.