October 5, 2012

Grain-Free Pumpkin Custard

In celebration of fall and feelin' good, I thought I'd share with you this delicious concoction I made regularly in our house.  I started with this recipe from Balanced Bites, but tweaked it to my taste.  We eat it for breakfast!
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/8 tsp. cloves
  • pinch salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup
  • 1 c. coconut milk, full fat (almond milk works well, too)
  • 1/2 bar cream cheese, at room temperature (optional)


Mix beaten eggs into spices, pumpkin puree, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut milk.  Add cream cheese and blend thoroughly. 


Divide evenly into six ramekins or small Pyrex dishes and place in 9x13" glass baking dish.  Pour boiling water into large dish for water bath.  Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.  Cool, refrigerate and enjoy!